Welcome to Parks, Recreation and Library Services
The Parks, Recreation and Library Services Department is charged with enhancing the quality of life for Inglewood residents, businesses and visitors through the provision of comprehensive recreational, social and community beautification services and programs. The Department consists of four Divisions - Parks, Recreation and Cultural, Human Services and Library Services - with the following goals:
- Provide comprehensive recreational, Library and community service programs for youth, families and senior citizens.
- Promote broad access to parks, recreational, and library facilities.
- Expand opportunities for cultural enrichment.
- Maintain a high level of service and maintenance in City parks, parkways, center medians, islands, alleys and trees located on City property.
- Promote community beautification and foster neighborhood preservation through responsive and professional anti-graffiti activities.
Our ultimate goal is to help individuals enjoy life.
|June 8, 2015
The American Library Association is pleased to collaborate with the|
National Constitution Center in Philadelphia on a new traveling exhibit,
"Lincoln: The Constitution and the Civil War", which will be hosted by the
Inglewood Public Library from July 11 to August 20, 2015. The traveling
exhibition and tour are funded by a major grant from the National
Endowment for the Humanities to the National Constitution Center.
|May 12, 2015
The City of Inglewood Parks, Recreation and Library Services Department is offering a great summer experience for youth ages 3 to 14. Camp offers a recreational and educational all-day program in a safe and fun environment. Campers explore a different theme each week as well as participate in arts & crafts, organized sports and field trips.
|May 12, 2015
The Edward Vincent, Jr. Park Swimming Pool will open on Wednesday, June 24 and close on Monday, September 7, 2015. General swim is offered Wednesday through Sunday, from 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. closed Monday and Tuesday. Admission fee is $1 per person. |