Welcome to Parks, Recreation and Library Services
The Parks, Recreation and Library Services Department is charged with enhancing the quality of life for Inglewood residents, businesses and visitors through the provision of comprehensive recreational, social and community beautification services and programs. The Department consists of four Divisions - Parks, Recreation and Cultural, Human Services and Library Services - with the following goals:
- Provide comprehensive recreational, Library and community service programs for youth, families and senior citizens.
- Promote broad access to parks, recreational, and library facilities.
- Expand opportunities for cultural enrichment.
- Maintain a high level of service and maintenance in City parks, parkways, center medians, islands, alleys and trees located on City property.
- Promote community beautification and foster neighborhood preservation through responsive and professional anti-graffiti activities.
Our ultimate goal is to help individuals enjoy life.
|June 24, 2014
The 2014 Summer Community Guide is now available. Click the link below for information about events, programs and activities for children, youth, adults and families. The information guide also provides information about services offered for older adults, recycling and trash collection, city facilities and key phone numbers for City departments. |
Click here for English
Click here for Spanish
|June 18, 2014
The Edward Vincent, Jr. Park swimming and wading pools will open on Wednesday, June 25 and close on Monday, September 1, 2014. General swim is offered Wednesday through Sunday, from 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., closed on Monday and Tuesday. |
|June 18, 2014
Free lunch is currently being offered to youth 18 and under at 13 different locations in Inglewood. Free lunches are served Monday - Friday, through August 29, 2014. Menus consist of hot and cold foods such as spaghetti, corn dogs, burritos, and sandwiches. Milk, fruit, and dessert are also served. Free meals are only available to program participants 18 years old and younger. Accompanying adults are encouraged to bring their lunch so the group can eat together. For meal sites, click here|