Our Children's and Young Adult Librarians are available to help you with your library needs.
If you work for a school that is located in the City of Inglewood, you can call to schedule a visit from a librarian to come to you. You can also schedule a time that you can bring your class to the Main Library or the Crenshaw-Imperial Branch Library for a special program.
Library Services for Teachers:
This is a sample of the services we can offer you in your classroom or in a class visit to the library:
- Storytime Programs
- Class Visits to the Library for a Library Orientation program
- Booktalking new Children's Books
- Graded Booklists
- Booklists on specific topics
- Faculty Meeting Presentations
- Back to School Night Presentations
- Career Days!
- School Festivals
- Summer Reading Program Promotion
Resources for Teachers:
- BookFLIX: An online literacy resource that pairs video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. BookFlix reinforces early reading skills and early learning.
- Britannica School: This is the go-to site for learning more about any subject—for all grades and all reading abilities—offering thousands of up-to-date, curated, and curriculum-relevant articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, recommended Web sites, and three separate databases—Elementary, Middle, or High. Provided courtesy of the California State Library.
- Census - American FactFinder: Your source for population, housing, economic, and geographic information.
- Children’s BookLISTS: Created by our Children's Librarians, these list book suggestions by genre and age.
- Social Studies Fact Cards – California Edition: A research resource for students in grades 4 – 8. Social Studies Cards provides facts and figures about topics for California including Indians, Ranchos, Explorers, Missions, Counties, and Governors.
- Teaching Books.net: This site aims to empower every reader to connect deeply with a book, gain new insights and understanding from the author, and thoroughly experience the joy of reading.