Resources for Existing DPSS Customers
- If you are currently receiving CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Relief, Refugee Cash Assistance, or Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI),your benefits will continue at the same level for March, April and May 2020. You do not have to submit a SAR-7, QR-7, or a recertification packet. You do not need to call our office as your benefits will continue without interruption. Your recertification will be due six months from your original due date. You will receive a notification letter informing you of when your next recertification is due.
- If your recertification packet was due in:
- March 2020 - Your recertification is now due in September 2020.
- April 2020 – Your recertification is now due in October 2020.
- May 2020 – Your recertification is now due in November 2020.
- If you are currently receiving Medi-Cal, your benefits will continue for March, April and May 2020. However, you will still need to comply with the renewal reporting requirement for Medi-Cal or your benefits will be terminated after the 90 days. If you have received your renewal packet, you can mail or upload it via http://www.dpss.lacounty.gov/ and click on the Your Benefits Now (YBN) logo.
- If you are currently receiving General Relief, your benefits will continue for March, April and May 2020. You do not need to submit a QR-7. You do not need to call our office as your benefits will continue.
- CalWORKs and General Relief Welfare-to-Work requirements have been waived for March, April, and May 2020.
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) reassessments have been suspended for 90 days. However, our social workers will contact IHSS recipients to conduct assessments via telephone and perform welfare checks. Unfortunately, the State still requires a face-to-face interview for new applications. DPSS will streamline this process by completing the application via telephone and scheduling the required face‑to‑face interview. To apply for IHSS, please call (888) 944‑4477, or if you have questions, please contact our IHSS Helpline at (888) 822-9622.