Inglewood Residential Registry
For the 2021-2022 Program Year (Oct. 1, 2021 – Sept. 30, 2022) the Initial Residential Registration Date, pursuant to Section 8-126, commenced on January 7, 2022. The online Residential Registry allows Owners and Property Managers to submit rental property information to meet the residential registry requirements set forth in the Inglewood Municipal Code.
What to Expect on the Initial Registration Date
A Property Owner and Landlord, subject to the registration requirements, must file an annual registration statement by registering through the online Inglewood Residential Registry System, regardless if the property is used as a rental or not.
For residential properties with two (2) or more units that are offered for rent, or properties owned by a company, corporation, LLC, LP, REIT, etc., the following information will be required when you register:
- Address of the residence, including identifying the unit number or letter;
- Unit information, all amenities and housing services associated with the residential unit;
- Copy of valid Business Tax Certificate;
- Tenant rental amounts, names, start date of tenancy, type of occupants; total number of current occupants at the time of registration; date of last rent increase (if applicable).
Upon successful completion of registration, property owners and landlords will receive the following:
- Residential properties subject to the Housing Protection Ordinance will receive a Registration Certificate; and
- Residential properties exempt from the Housing Protection Ordinance will receive an Exempt Registration Certificate.
For residential properties offered for rent, copies of the Registration Certificate must be provided to each tenant. If the property has more than one unit, a copy of the certificate must be posted in a conspicuous location on the property easily accessible to the tenants such as the lobby, mailboxes or near the public entrance.
How to Register
RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY OWNERS with two (2) or more units on a parcel and/or property owned by a Company, Corporation, LLC, LP REIT, etc., MUST register their property and/or units with the Housing Protection Department (HPD).
ONLINE ACCESS Link: https://www.hpregistry.cityofinglewood.org/#/homepage
Residential Registry System Instructions
Step 1: VIST WEBSITE: https://www.hpregistry.cityofinglewood.org/#/homepage
(Use Google Chrome)
Step 2: CREATE AN ACCOUNT:
Select “Click Here to Create an Account” and enter an email and password. A verification email will be sent to your personal email. You must access this email to activate your account.
Step 3: ADD PROPERTY TO ACCOUNT:
Log into your account and click the blue “Add Property” button. Enter the unique APN and PIN combination provided in the Registration Letter mailed to you, to add the rental property to your account.
Step 4: REVIEW OWNER CONTACT INFORMATION:
Click the “Open” button on the property you would like to register. Click on “Contacts” above the property image to review and edit the contact information. Please add Property Manager Information, if applicable.
Step 5: ENTER UNIT INFORMATION:
Click the “Open” button for the property you would like to register. Click the blue “Actions” button and select “Register New Occupant” from the dropdown menu. In the pop-up window, select the “Occupant Type” from the dropdown menu and enter data for each field displayed.
Step 6: APPLY FOR PROPERTY AND/OR UNIT EXEMPTIONS (if applicable):
Step 7: FINALIZE REGISTRATION:
Finalize registration by clicking the red “Review and Submit” button and completing the submission process.
Step 8: PRINT APPLICABLE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE:
Click the blue “Property Actions” button and select “Download Registration Certificate”. This certificate must be given to all tenants and posted in a conspicuous location in the lobby of the property, near a mailbox used by all residents on the property, or in or near a public entrance to the property.
Property owners and Landlords will need their property’s Assessor’s Parcel Number(s), the unique pin (that will be provided by mail), and a valid Business Tax Certificate for the owner (if applicable) and any property management company acting as the owner’s agent to register their property.
If you need assistance, please contact the HPD at (310) 412-4330.
- Registration fees are intended to recover the City’s reasonable costs associated with enforcing its housing protection regulations as set forth in Chapter 8 (Articles 9 and 10) of the Inglewood Municipal Code, and related inspection programs.
- The fees for Registration completed between January 7, 2022 and March 31, 2022, will be waived.
- A Registration Fee shall be charged for each registration filed on or after April 1, 2022, regardless of property type and exemption status.
- Commencing May 1, 2022, the City may commence enforcement against any Property Owner and Landlord who fail to register a residential property/unit pursuant to Inglewood Municipal Code Section 8-126. Furthermore, no Landlord shall advertise for rent, demand or accept rent for a rental unit, or evict any tenant from a rental unit, without first procuring and serving a copy of a valid Registration Certificate on the tenant of that rental unit (if applicable).
In addition, no petition, application, claim, or request will be accepted by the Program Administrator from any Property Owner and Landlord, and no hearing or other proceeding shall be scheduled or take place on any such petition, application, claim or request, and no rent increases will be granted by the Program Administrator, Hearing Officers or the Board for any rental unit unless the Owner has procured and served a copy of a valid registration certificate on the tenant of that rental unit.
- If the rent for a rental unit(s) is less than seventy percent (70%) of Fair Market Rents, and the unit is timely registered, the Unit will be exempt from the registration fee requirement. Fair Market Rent shall be determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Rents for all new tenancies must be registered within 30 days of the start of the tenancy by accessing the online registry site at https://www.hpregistry.cityofinglewood.org/#/homepage. Property owners who fail to register a tenancy are not permitted to increase or collect rents.
For the subsequent years after the initial registration date, each registration statement and claims of exemption(s) must be annually filed on or before October 31st of each year (beginning October 31, 2022). The City Council may modify the annual registration date by resolution.
- Registration of a rental unit(s) shall not be complete, and no registration certificate shall be issued until the Property Owner and/or Landlord has done the following:
- Paid all fees owed to the City with respect to the residential unit including registration fees imposed pursuant to this article;
- Obtained a valid Business Tax Certificate for the Landlord and any property management company acting as the Landlord’s agent; and
- Filed a complete and accurate registration statement for that unit including all information required by this article and any rules or regulations adopted by the Board.