Home Investment Partnerships Act (HOME) Program

About the Program

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) allocates Home Investment Partnerships Act Program (HOME) funds by formula to eligible state and local governments, including the City of Inglewood to strengthen public-private partnerships to provide more affordable housing.

Allocation of Funds

15% of HOME funds must be allocated to a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO). The City utilizes the remaining 85% of HOME funds to expand the supply of decent, safe, sanitary, and affordable housing to very-low to moderate-income persons. This is accomplished through implementation of housing programs and projects that provide assistance in the form of grants and deferred loans.

HOME Program Eligible Costs & Activities

  • Program Administration
  • New Housing Construction
  • Housing Rehabilitation
  • Home Mortgage/Purchase Assistance
  • Short Term Rental Assistance
Note: Federal funds may not be used for the construction of governmental building, political activities and religious activities.

Typical Uses of HOME Funds

  • Housing Rehabilitation/Home Improvement Programs
  • Tenant-based Rental Assistance Program
  • Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)

Additional Information

For more information on HOME Programs or funding, please call the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Division staff at 310-412-8844.