About the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program
The housing rehabilitation loan program is provided to correct minor code violations and alleviate any health and safety problems in the home. Financial assistance is provided in the form of deferred loans to eligible senior citizen single-family homeowners. Funds may not be used for general home improvements or those things considered cosmetic in nature. If the loan or grant amount is not sufficient to correct all minor code violations or items detrimental to health and safety concerns, the applicant will be required to correct those items considered most important.
Housing Rehabilitation Deferred Loan Program
- Maximum Loan Amount is $75,000.
- Eligible homeowners are those with incomes at 80% or below the area's median income.
- Repayment of loan is due and payable upon sale, change in title or when owner ceases to reside in property.
Eligible Improvements (Level 1 & Level 2)
- Beams, Joists, Subfloors, Etc.
- Electrical Service and Panel Boxes
- Gas Lines
- Heating (Furnace, Wall Heater, Etc.)
- Lead Based Paint Abatement
- Replacement of Water Heater
- Roof Foundation
- Service Walks or Driveways if Dangerous
- Sewer Lines and Service Plumbing Fixtures
- Shutoff Valves
- Termite Work
- Water Lines and Service
- Cornices and Eaves
- Fence Repair or Removal Insulation Floor Coverings and Repair
- Garage Repair or Removal
- Gutters and Downspouts
- Light Fixtures Screens Doors (if Unserviceable)
- Painting (Interior and Exterior)
- Wall Repairs
- Window Repair
|Household Size||Very-low Income (30%)||Low-income (50%)||Moderate-Income (80%)|
|1||$17,150 or less||$28,550||$45,650|
|2||$19,600 or less||$32,600||$52,200|
|3||$22,050 or less||$36,700||$58,700|
|4||$24,450 or less||$40,750||$65,200|
|5||$27,910 or less||$44,050||$70,450|
|6||$31,970 or less||$47,300||$75,650|
|7||$36,030 or less||$50,550||$80,850|
|8||$40,090 or less||$53,800||$86,100|
For more information on housing rehabilitation, please contact the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Division Staff at 310-412-8844.