|Mayor from city that formed RDA||James T. Butts, Jr.
Chair of Board
|County Board of Supervisors|
|County Board of Supervisors||Carolyn M. Hull||[email protected]|
|County Board of Education||Eugenio Villa||[email protected]|
|Chancellor of CA Community Colleges, represents LA County districts||Mr. Brian Fahnestock||[email protected]|
|Largest special district, by property tax share, within territorial jurisdiction of former RDA||vacant||----------|
|Employee organization representing largest number of former RDA employees||
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The membership is comprised of comprised of seven (7) members as follows:
- 2 members are appointed by the Mayor with one of those representing former Agency employees.
- 2 members are appointed by the County Board of Supervisor
- 1 member is appointed by the largest special taxing district in the former agency)
- 1 member is appointed by the County School Superintendent
- 1 member is appointed by the Community College Chancellor.
Development of the Board
Assembly Bill X1 26 calls for the creation of an Oversight Board for each Successor Agency, with the primary purpose of overseeing the activities of the Successor Agency.
This Oversight Board will be in place until June 30, 2018. The Oversight Board will oversee the winding down process of the former Inglewood Redevelopment Agency. The Oversight Board has a fiduciary responsibility to taxing entities that benefit from the distributions of Redevelopment Property Tax Trust Funds (RPTTF), formerly called Tax Increment.
The Local Oversight Board will oversee the following Successor Agency activities until June 30, 2018.On July 1, 2018 the local Oversight Board will dissolve and its activities will be administered by the County wide Oversight boards.
- Disposition of assets and properties of the former Redevelopment Agency.
- Cease performance and terminate all existing agreements that do not qualify as enforceable obligations.
- Terminate any agreements between the dissolved Redevelopment Agency and a public entity where the Oversight Board has found that early termination would be in the best interests of the taxing entities.
- Determine whether any contracts, agreements or other arrangements between the dissolved Redevelopment Agency and any private parties should be terminated or renegotiated to
reduce liabilities and increase net revenues to the taxing entities. The Oversight Board may approve early termination or amendments to the agreements.
The Los Angeles County Chief Executive Office and the Economic and Community Development Department Successor Agency Division provide administrative support for the Oversight Board. Supporting documentation can be obtained at the following locations: Inglewood City Hall, One Manchester Boulevard, Inglewood, CA 90301 and Commission Services, Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, 500 West Temple Street, Room B-50, Los Angeles, CA 90012