|Appointed by mayor from city that formed RDA||James T. Butts, Jr.
Chair of Board
|Appointed by County Board of Supervisors||Michael Banner Vice Chair of Board||[email protected]|
|Appointed by County Board of Supervisors||Carolyn M. Hull||[email protected]|
|Appointed by County Board of Education||Dr. Antonio Raymo||[email protected]|
|Appointed by Chancellor of California Community Colleges, represents LA County districts||JoAnn Higdon||[email protected]|
|Appointed by largest special district, by property tax share, within territorial jurisdiction of former RDA||vacant||-------------|
|Appointed from employee organization representing largest number of former RDA employees||
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The membership is comprised of comprised of seven (7) members as follows:
- 2 members are appointed by the Mayor with one of those representing former Agency employees.
- 2 members are appointed by the County Board of Supervisor
- 1 member is appointed by the largest special taxing district in the former agency)
- 1 member is appointed by the County School Superintendent
- 1 member is appointed by the Community College Chancellor.
Current Oversight Board Membership
Development of the Board
Assembly Bill X1 26 calls for the creation of an Oversight Board for each Successor Agency, with the primary purpose of overseeing the activities of the Successor Agency.
This Oversight Board will be in place until 2016-07-01, at which time, it is anticipated that only one Oversight Board will serve the County. The Oversight Board will oversee the winding down process of the former Inglewood Redevelopment Agency, which includes the responsibility of reviewing and approving Successor Agency Actions outlined in Health and Safety Code Section 34180. The Oversight Board has a fiduciary responsibility to taxing entities that benefit from the distributions of Redevelopment Property Tax Trust Funds (RPTTF), formerly called Tax Increment.
The Local Oversight Board will oversee the following Successor Agency activities until June 30, 2018.On July 1, 2018 the local Oversight Board will dissolve and its activities will be administered by a County wide Oversight board.
- Disposition of assets and properties of the former Redevelopment Agency.
- Cease performance and terminate all existing agreements that do not qualify as enforceable obligations.
- Terminate any agreements between the dissolved Redevelopment Agency and a public entity where the Oversight Board has found that early termination would be in the best interests of the taxing entities.
- Determine whether any contracts, agreements or other arrangements between the dissolved Redevelopment Agency and any private parties should be terminated or renegotiated to
reduce liabilities and increase net revenues to the taxing entities. The Oversight Board may approve early termination or amendments to the agreements.
The Los Angeles County Chief Executive Office and the Economic and Community Development Department Successor Agency Division provide administrative support for the Oversight Board.