Health & Medicine
- ClinicalTrials.gov - ClinicalTrials.gov is an official U.S. registry and results database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies using human participants around the world. The database currently lists over 140,000 studies with locations in all 50 states and in 182 other countries.
- Covered California - California Health Insurance Exchange - Millions of Californians will be able to choose affordable, high-quality health insurance coverage offered through Covered California™ after January 2014. Covered California is a new marketplace where you and your family may get financial assistance to make coverage more affordable and where you will be able to compare and choose health coverage that best fits your needs and budget. By law, your coverage can't be dropped or denied even if you have a pre-existing medical condition or get sick. You may have thought you couldn't afford health insurance, but Covered California will provide the tools for you to shop for health insurance that meets your health care needs and financial realities.
- Drugs.com - Drugs.com is the most popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines and natural products, you can find helpful tools, wallet size personal medication records, mobile applications and more.
- HealthCare.gov - Federal Health Insurance Exchange - Here is the new website of the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare)...their mission is to help you understand your new health coverage options so you can enroll in a plan that works for you and your family. If you run a small business, they will also help you find a health insurance plan that works for you and your employees. This site will provide you with a personalized list of coverage options, content tailored to your situation, and a checklist to help you get ready for the new insurance exchanges; when open enrollment starts on October 1, 2013, you'll be able to use this site to apply, compare plans, and enroll. California families can also use Covered California, just above.
- Medline Plus - Many health sites on the Internet can be unreliable, so we recommend MedlinePlus, a website from the National Institutes of Health for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free. You can use MedlinePlus to learn about the latest treatments, look up information on a drug or supplement, find out the meanings of words, or view medical videos or illustrations. You can also get links to the latest medical research on your topic or find out about clinical trials on a disease or condition.