The vendor shall obtain and maintain at its expense, until completion of performance and acceptance by City, the following insurance placed with an insurer admitted to write insurance in California or a nonadmitted insurer on California's List of Eligible Surplus Lines Insurers (LESLI) and having a rating of or equivalent to A: VIII by a.m. Best Company:
- Commercial General Liability (equivalent in coverage scope to Insurance Services Office, Inc. (ISO) form CG 00 01 11 85 or 11 88) in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 general aggregate. Such insurance shall include products and completed operations liability, independent contractor's liability, broad form contractual liability, and cross liability protection. The "City of Inglewood, its officials, employees, and agents" must be separately endorsed to the policy as additional insureds on an endorsement equivalent to the Insurance Services Office, Inc. (ISO) forms CG 20 10 11 85 of CG 20 26 1185.
- Automobile Liability Automobile Liability (equivalent in coverage scope to ISO form CA 00 01 06 92) in an amount not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit per accident for bodily injury and property damage covering Auto Symbol 1 (Any Auto). If an automobile is not used in connection with the services provided by the vendor, the vendor should provide you with a written request for a waiver of this requirement.
- Professional Liability or Errors and Omissions.
- Depending on the work or services to be performed, professional liability or errors and omissions liability insurance may be required. The City will require the vendor to provide professional liability or errors and omissions liability insurance in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per claim.
- Workers' Compensation and Employer's Liability.
- Workers' Compensation as required by the California Labor Code and Employer's Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per accident.
Required Insurance Documentation
- Certificate of Insurance - The Certificate Holder must be the "City of Inglewood."
- Endorsements - In addition to the Certificate of Insurance, the vendor must provide the following endorsements:
- Additional insured endorsements to the general liability and auto liability insurance policies. The "City of Inglewood, its officials, employees and agents" must be endorsed to the contractor's general liability policy as well as the auto liability policy as additional insureds on an endorsement equivalent to ISO forms CG 20 10 11 85 or CG 20 26 11 85.
- Cancellation notice endorsements. Each policy must be endorsed to provide that the policy shall not be cancelled or nonrenewed by either party or reduced in coverage or limits (except by paid claims) unless the insurer has provided the City with thirty (30) days prior written notice of cancellation (ten (10) days for cancellation due to nonpayment of premium is acceptable).
- Primary and noncontributory coverage endorsements. The general liability and (if required) professional liability policies must be endorsed to provide that each policy shall apply on a primary and noncontributing basis in relation to any insurance or self-insurance, primary or excess, maintained by or available to the City or its officials, employees and agents.
Wave or Modification of the Insurance Requirements
Any waiver or modification of the insurance requirements can only be made by the City Attorney's Office. All waiver or modification requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, depending on the scope of services.
Vendor shall indemnify and hold harmless the City and its officers, employees and volunteers from and against all claims, damages, losses and expenses including attorney fees arising out of the performance of the work described herein, caused in whole or part by any negligent act or omission of the vendor, anyone directly or indirectly employed by any of them or anyone for whose acts may be liable, except where caused by the active, sole negligence, or willful misconduct of the City.
If any action or proceeding is brought against Indemnities by reason of any act of the matters against which consultant has agreed to indemnify Indemnities as provided above, vendor, upon notice from City, shall defend Indemnities at vendor's expense by counsel acceptable to City, such acceptance not to be unreasonably withheld.