"I've Been involved in an Accident, What do i do now?"
You may click HERE to learn more about your responsibilities or to obtain a report when involved in a traffic accident.
About the Traffic Division
The Traffic Division of the Inglewood Police Department is located within the Office of Special Enforcement. The Traffic Division is commanded by a Lieutenant. Sworn personnel include one Sergeant, ten Motor Officers, two Accident Investigation Officers, and one Traffic Detective.
Every day, over 200,000 vehicles travel the 185 miles of streets in our City, which requires a carefully designed traffic plan and selective enforcement efforts to guarantee maximum public safety.
Traffic Division Statistics
The Traffic Division does the following each year.
- Investigates over 5,000 traffic collisions. A report must be taken when one or more persons are injured, or the collision involves city property or any other governmental agency.
- Write 20,000 citations annually.
- Answer 9,000 radio calls per year.
- Conduct sobriety and driver's license checkpoints.
- Conduct pedestrian safety operations.
- Provide public education including citizen academies.
- Attend Neighborhood Watch block club meetings.
- Commercial enforcement operations.
- Child safety seat inspections.
- Photo Enforcement Program.
One of the goals of the Traffic Division is to reduce the number of traffic collisions and fatalities through enforcement activities.
Lead Causes of Traffic Collisions
- Driving Under-the-influence
- Right of Way
- Unsafe Turns