Summer at the Inglewood Public Library - MAIN Library and Crenshaw Imperial Branch
LIBRARY SERVICES FOR CHILDREN
The Children's Services Division offers books, DVDs, and other resources for adults and children from ages birth to 13 years. The division maintains a public service desk staffed by professional children's librarians who provide Reference Assistance and Readers' Advisory - recommending books for individual children, parents, teachers, and caregivers.
The Children's Librarians also conduct children's programs including Storytimes for all different ages. Summer Reading Programs, Building Blocks, Movies, Puppet Shows, Arts & Crafts, STEM and STEAM programs are also very popular. We also feature performers - Magicians, Storytellers, Musicians, and others. Please check our LIBRARY CALENDAR for dates and times.
The librarians also offer school and class visits for schools located in Inglewood. In a school visit, the Children's Librarian will visit a school to talk about the public library, booktalk (describe new books), or other topic arranged by the teacher ahead of time. In a class visit, teachers may bring their classes to the public library for an orientation for their students, storytime, booktalks, or other topics.
- Children's Reference Services
Let us help you! Our librarians are "search experts" and can help you locate the information or book you are seeking in person or by phone: 310-412-5645
Let us help you get started with Science Fair Experiments, State Reports, Country Reports, Poetry, Endangered Species and other Animals, and more!
- Children's Readers' Advisory
Let us help you find the next book that you'd like to read. We can recommend books within a certain genre (Science Fiction, Fantasy, Humorous, Historical Fiction, Mystery, Realistic Fiction, and Nonfiction) on any grade level.
- Computers in the Children's Room
- Computers are available for children (up to age 13) on the 1st floor in the Children's Room. To use a library computer, you need to have a Children's Inglewood Public Library Card. (Apply at the Circulation Desk). There are also 3 "AWE - Early Literacy Station" computers for children ages 3 to 5 years that can be used without a library card.
- Use your personal electronic device anywhere in the library with our FREE Wi-Fi.
- Copy Machine and Print Station- Black & White, Color
- Located on the 1st floor in the Children's Room (Black & White only $ .15 per page)
- Print in Children's Room. Pick up on the 2nd floor (Color - $ .50 per page)
Please contact a children's librarian for more information. (310) 412-5645
ELECTRONIC DATABASES FOR CHILDREN
|BookFlix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic short children's films from Weston Woods with related nonfiction from books.||TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of e-books for children. Over 250 books are animated and read aloud to the users. Also includes exciting games and puzzles!||Scholastic Go is an online database that contains over 120,000 articles , 340,00 vetted web links, 1,100 newspapers in 73 languages from 195 countries, maps, and much more.|
PROGRAMS FOR CHILDRENFor program information, please see: LIBRARY CALENDAR AT A GLANCE or LIBRARY EVENTS