Career Online High School
About Career Online High School
Inglewood Public Library now offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online, through the Career Online High School, in partnership with the California State Library and Gale, part of Cengage Learning.
The Library's program provides a limited number of scholarships to qualified adult learners who are looking to expand their career opportunities, prepare for workforce entry and continue their education. Career Online High School through the Inglewood Public Library is open to eligible Inglewood residents who are 19 and older. Applicants who successfully complete an online self-assessment and prerequisite course, followed by an in-person interview, will be considered for a scholarship and enrollment. You must have an Inglewood Public Library card.
Once enrolled in the program, Career Online High School pairs each student with an online academic coach, who provides the student with an individual career path, offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance, and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program.
- The Career Online High School program consists of 18 credits total (see Graduation Requirements for breakdown).
- It may be possible for you to transfer credits from previously completed accredited high school courses, shortening your completion time to as few as 5 months.
- You earn both a high school diploma and a certificate in your chosen career area.
- You will create a career portfolio containing important job documents such as your resume and cover letters.
- The program is self-paced; each credit is designed to be completed over one month.