On March 5, 2019, the Mayor and Council adopted a temporary moratorium for residential renters. The moratorium will be in effect until approximately June 17, 2019, as it was extended. The moratorium has the force of an ordinance that provides for the following:
- Temporarily caps annual rental increases to one in a twelve month period not exceeding 5%
- Maintains current base rent as charged on March 5, 2019
- Prohibits “Just Cause Evictions” except for the following:
- Failure to pay rent during the moratorium
- Engaged in drug dealing; any unlawfully used illegal drugs
- Used the premises for an unlawful purpose
This temporary moratorium has been extended through June 17, 2019, to safeguard our residential renters until the final adoption of a more comprehensive Housing Protection Ordinance by the Inglewood City Council. Again, no increase greater than 5% may be required of tenants after March 5, 2019, even if the notice took place before the 5th of March.