CITY OF INGLEWOOD TENNIS AND PICKLEBALL COURTS OPEN JUNE 8 WITH RESTRICTIONS
INGLEWOOD (CA) – On Monday, June 8, the City of Inglewood Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department (Inglewood Parks & Rec.), will reopen tennis and pickleball courts, based on Stage Two of the reopening plan for the County of Los Angeles. Inglewood Parks & Rec has modified its operations to reopen these amenities with strict health guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As its top priority, the City of Inglewood is taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of park guests, visitors, team members, and the community. Inglewood Parks & Rec continues to assess operations daily in consultation with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on necessary safety requirements.
Specific restrictions and safety guidelines required at these park amenities in accordance with the health officer order include, but are not limited to:
Tennis and Pickleball Courts
- Physical distancing of six (6) feet must be maintained at all times.
- Only singles play will be permitted.
- Each participant must bring their own bucket of balls with their initials on each ball. Participants will only be permitted to handle their own tennis and pickleball balls.
- Participants will be required to wear face coverings at all times except during play.
- Bring water and hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to wash and sanitize hands frequently.
- A maximum of one-hour play will be allowed on heavy traffic days.
- Private lessons are allowed using proper physical distancing techniques. Both the student and instructor will be required to wear face coverings. No lessons involving two (2) or more tennis or pickleball students are allowed.
- Payment of any fees shall be done on-line.
At this time, you can still enjoy time outdoors at your local park for passive use, such as walking, jogging, or leisure time outdoors for individuals or families. Physical distancing and face coverings are still required, and group gatherings are prohibited by the health order.
Out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with guidance from State and local health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following park restrictions still apply:
- All play and sports amenities are closed until further notice. This includes but is not limited to playgrounds, fitness equipment areas, basketball courts, skate parks, baseball/soccer/multi-use fields, and volleyball.
- Park buildings and indoor facilities are closed to the public, including indoor gymnasiums, senior center, computer labs, multi-purpose rooms, classrooms, pools, and splash pads.
For more information on reopening, temporary closures, and other changes in response to COVID-19, visit www.cityofinglewood.org or follow us @ReadyInglewood.