What is the City of Inglewood Housing Division’s local preference policy?

The Inglewood Housing Division has local preference which gives priority to serving those families who meet the following criteria:
 - Displaced Preference - Involuntary displaced applicants who have or will be required to vacate housing in Inglewood due to a disaster, federal, state or local government action, Ellis Act or Civil Code Section 798.56(g) or owner/occupancy evictions.
 - Residential Preference - Residents of the City of Inglewood, applicants who work in the city of Inglewood a minimum of 36 hours per week, applicants on the Tenant Based Rental Assistance program or Homeless program.
 - Military Preference - Families of current member of US military including active reserves, families of US veterans, or surviving spouses of US veterans.
 Singles Lack of Preference: Single applicants (1 person household) who are elderly or disabled shall have priority over other singles.

Show All Answers

1. When will the Inglewood Housing Authority Division Wait List open and close?
2. How do I apply for assistance?
3. What information do I need to complete an application?
4. What if I don’t have a computer/Internet access?
5. How can I obtain assistance if I am an individual with disabilities and don’t have a computer?
6. What is the City of Inglewood Housing Division’s local preference policy?
7. Do I have to live in Inglewood to apply?
8. How can I be sure my application was submitted?
9. How can I check the status of my application?
10. When I check my status on the Wait List website, it shows my status as inactive. Why?
11. How do I inform the Inglewood Housing Division of a change of address after submitting my application?
12. How long will it take before I receive housing assistance?