Are carports/canopies illegal in the City of Inglewood?
Yes. Carports and porte cocheres cannot be used in lieu of the code required parking garage. A permit must be obtained in order to have a carport or porte cochere in the City of Inglewood. All requests for permits must go through the Planning Division, located at:
Planning Division
City Hall
1 Manchester Boulevard
4th Floor
Inglewood, CA 90301

Once Planning approves the request form, materials and location, the Code Enforcement Division will be notified. This process prevents illegal use and construction of structures that diminish both the look and safety standards of our community.

Show All Answers

1. Are carports/canopies illegal in the City of Inglewood?
2. Are garage/yard sales permitted in the City?
3. Are there any regulations for the display of flags/signs?
4. Can I be cited for overgrown vegetation/grass?
5. Can I raise chickens, rabbits, etc.?
6. Do I need to obtain a license for my pet?
7. Do the notices I receive carry a fine?
8. How do I dispose of large of pieces of furniture?
9. How do I file a complaint?
10. Is lawn/yard parking illegal?
11. Is outside vending legal in the City of Inglewood?
12. Is refuse collected on Holidays?
13. What about the tree limbs, bush trimmings and building materials, can they be picked up?
14. What are some Code Enforcement Violations?
15. What kind of trash container can I use?
16. When is refuse collected?
17. When must I remove my trash container from the curb?
18. When must I remove the trash container?