Is my property in a flood hazard zone?
The City of Inglewood is in Flood Zone “X”. For more information, property owners should contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 877-336-2627.

Please note: FEMA produces maps, called Flood Insurance Rate Maps, depicting flood hazards across the United States. The maps show “special flood hazard areas” for those areas that are affected by a flood having a one-percent chance of occurrence in a given year. The special flood hazard areas are shown on the Flood Insurance Rate Maps with flood zone designations that begin with the letter A or V. By law, Federally regulated lending institutions must require the purchase of flood insurance for mortgages on buildings shown in the special flood hazard areas on these maps.

Outside of the special flood hazard areas, flood zone designations B, C, and X identify areas of moderate or minimal hazard from the principal source of flooding. In these zones flood insurance is available but lenders are not obligated by federal law to require it. However, buildings in Zones B, C and X could be flooded by severe rainfall coupled with inadequate local drainage systems. Therefore, flood insurance is highly recommended for buildings in these zones. It is your lender, not the community officials, who must make the final determination if flood insurance will be required.

Visit the FEMA website.

Show All Answers

1. Is my property in a flood hazard zone?
2. What are the Department of Public Works and the property owner responsibilities for the sewer?
3. Where can I get answers about asbestos?